"Success is only possible with a good team."

 

Carl Dickow

Learn more about the family business DICKOW and its development history, which began 110 years ago as an installation company and developed from the production of cattle water basins for agriculture to a high-tech company for special pumps.

The success story continued more than 70 years ago in Waldkraiburg, Upper Bavaria. Today we employ more than 200 people at our headquarters and supply customers all over the world.

1946 Starting anew by Carl Dickow in Waldkraiburg

1910

DICKOW was founded in Gablonz in the former Eastern area of Germany, as a company for the manufacture of water pipes and heating plants.

1910

1920

After World War I, the enterprise was moved from Gablonz (now part oft he Czech Republic) to the city Görlitz in the former East Germany, where the manufacture of automatic cattle water basins and self-priming centrifugal pumps (under the designation “DICKOW Patent“) began.

1930

The founder Karl Dickow died. The enterprise was carried on by his widow Anna Dickow and their three sons Carl, Walter an Wilhelm.

1930

1945

The end of World War II also put an end to the Görlitz factories. The company was expropriated, most of the machinery was removed, except for a small portion which had been saved by relocating it once again.

1946

Carl Dickow started reconstruction and pump manufacture with some of his former employees and the relocated equipment from the Görlitz factories. Carl Dickow died in November 1946. In December 1946, Wilhelm Dickow took over management.

1946

1948

After the German currency reform, Wilhelm Dickow acquired land with existing buildings, today´s business premises, and extended the pump production.

1959

Wilhelm Dickow died with the business being carried on by his wife Anneliese. With the help of Oskar Lehnert, General Manager, and Ing. F. Wilhelm Schmid, Plant Manager, the Company continued making solid progress. New production equipment was aquired and new builings were erected.

1959

1968

Ulrich Dickow took over executive management. The responsibility for manufacture was under the control of Andreas Dickow, Ing. Harry Schommer was in charge of Engineering, Development, and Sales management.

1994

Quality management system certified acc. to ISO 9001 for the first time.

1994

2003

After the death of Ulrich Dickow and Andreas Dickow, Michaela Dickow is the new CEO.

2014

Building of a new hall for extension of pump production and final assembly with integrated automated storage system.

2014

2017

Change of legal form to GmbH & Co. KG and transfer of the management to Jörg Bornemann, business graduate.

2019

New construction of the administration building

2019

2021

Transfer of the company to the Astrid-Dickow-Foundation. Patrizia Dickow-Markowsky and Michaela Dickow remain close to the company via the foundation’s board.

Search